Rabaul is rich in war history from World War I and II and we include the major sites on this historical tour by bus coach.
- Japanese Underground Hospital – This underground hospital was set up during WWII by the Japanese with a system of tunnels, pulleys, a kitchen, quarters and camp area and a reminder of the causalities of war.
- Japanese Submarine base – The Japanese Submarine base set up by Admiral Yamamoto in WWII to shelter the soldiers and submarines from air bombing raids.
Rabaul hotel – one of the only standing buildings after the last Volcanic eruption in 1994, It has hosted visitors since 1952 including Prime Ministers, sports start and HRH Prince Andrew Duke of York.
- Yamamoto bunker – Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto commanded the entire Pacific campaign for the Japanese from this bunker including orchestrating the bombing of Pearl Harbour.
- Volcanic Hot Springs – Visit the hot springs at the base of the Kaia – Tavurvur
- Volcano – Marvel at the live Kaia (Volcano) – Tavurvur
- Drive around Matupit Island