The Kokoda Trail has been a place of pilgrimage for Australians, and others, for many decades. A place of ANZAC reverence and of personal challenge. South Sea Horizons has been leading groups along the Kokoda Track since 2008 with an exceptional trek completion rate of 99%. And there are many reasons that help us deliver such a high success rate. These include:
- We are PNG owned-and-operated. This land is our home and our passion.
- We only practise responsible-tourism that gives back to the communities we interact with
- We only employ local Papua New Guineans as porters, historians and cooks. Indigenous to this land who know it better than any other.
- Our GM – Alan Manning – splits his time between PNG and Australia. He has a great empathy and understanding of what ‘Aussies’ are looking for from their Kokoda Trail experience.
- We provide a personal porter for each trekker. That’s right. A ratio of 1:1!
- We are an equal-opportunity employer across all positions within our organisation.
- Our local porters include direct descendants of the last remaining ‘Fuzzy-Wuzzy-Angels’.